It’s a wrap. Literally, because I made a wooden stretcher for it rather than binding it. I like the effect-more arty less something your granny made, no disrespect to grannies. It was difficult to find a good brown so Mrs blackbird is a French General fabric used face and reverse. The rest is Oakshott cottons.
I’m glad I’m indoors, it’s blowing a hoolie out there. Meanwhile, Mr and Mrs Blackbird has got to the stage of ridiculous agonising over the placement of individual berries and trivial decisions like whether or not to add the final leaf.
The current state of play.
I have a rule that I’ve got to finish one project before starting the next, but I always break it. So it’s not much of a rule really.
Happy Valentine’s Day.
Another finish-woah! It only took seven months ...Poppies by the Sea at Cockenzie. Pieced, quilted, appliquéd and embroidered. I love those #oakshott rubies. Blogged at link in profile. #cockenziehouseandgardens #quilt #artquilts
Happy February! A finish. Appliqué quilt with buttons! Made for #theendeavourers #theendeavourersquiltgroup and on the group blog today (address in profile) #quilt #quiltsofinstagram #artquilt
Thanks for the help yesterday, kind people. Vase sorted. Today I’m mostly tinkering with the flowers - always so many ways one quilt could go! I think I know where I’m headed though. More in my Story. #quiltwip #quiltinprogress