@shutter2ride testing out one of the harder options on the new trail at #oilwellflats . This line looks intimidating from above but it’s relatively easy to roll into once you scope it out! At least, Marcel makes it look easy...
Bumped into @tonyboonetrails in Canon City, and got to sample Andrew and Cat’s newest creation—the newest singletrack at #OilWellFlats! It’s a delightful trail running from the road to Anticline that’s rideable uphill… but like all trails, way more fun on the way back down! It’s littered with rock features, jumps, berms, alternate lines, and more. I'll need to spend a while drilling and practicing on this trail before being able to hit everything just perfectly. Unless you’re riding with the trail builder, this trail isn’t open yet, and with the wet weather that just arrived, best to wait for the official opening. That said, if you want to get a sneak peak, hit the link in my profile to see the route in my @fatmap_official Adventure Studio. 📷 @tonyboonetrails
Sometimes if there just aren’t any dry trails to be had, it’s best not to fight it. When it’s ski season, might as well go skiing!
Love this view from the top of Island in the Sky!! 📸 @shutter2ride
Ok, real world trail report time, since I have been receiving numerous questions about trail conditions in Canon. I emailed Red Canyon Cycles before we headed to Oil Well Flats to ride on Thursday, and at that time they said the trails were good to go with just a couple of muddy spots, and that we should just ride through and not around the mud. Well, while maybe 95% of the trail system was good to go, the other 5% was very bad. We ended up carrying our bikes a good bit, skipping over a couple of trails that we knew would be bad, and cutting our ride short to avoid doing unnecessary damage. So contrary to what you may have heard, and the photos you may see hitting my Instagram page, I would NOT recommend riding Oil Well Flats. Any photos you do see will be from the driest portions of the trail. Also considering the forecast, I don’t see it getting better anytime soon. If you’re heading to Canon City, the South Canon trails would be a much better choice. @fremont_adventure_recreation #oilwellflats #canoncity 🚵♀️ @shutter2ride
Alright, the Pūpūkea trail system—arguably the best-known #MTB trail system in Hawaii—is finally up on @fatmap_official ! Link to the 🗺 in my profile or swipe for a preview. #FATMAP
Felt good to be riding on rock again! 📸 @shutter2ride
Dropping down from Island in the Sky, below very gray skies. Oil Well Flats, Canon City, CO. 🚵♀️ @shutter2ride Link to the 🗺 on @fatmap_official is in my profile!
I need more of this in my life #bikesbikesbikes 📸 @shutter2ride