LightWidget and WordPress
This guide works only for stand-alone WordPress installation. If you have an account on wordpress.com this tutorial is not for you. Unfortunately wordpress.com does not support IFrames, so it is not possible to use LightWidget on wordpress.com pages:(
This is really short tutorial how to put LightWidget – our responsive widget for Instagram, into WordPress based website. No need to:
- create Instagram account
- install any additional plugins
- obtain access keys to Instagram API
Process is easy. Within few steps You will have Instagram widget in Your WordPress blog or page.
1. You need to have working installation of WordPress. But if You want to have Instagram widget in WordPress blog, you probably already have it. But if You don’t have WordPress installed, please start with that first, and then get back to this tutorial.
2. Login to Your WordPress admin panel. Make sure that You are using account that have access to Widget settings.
3. After You log-in to WordPress from menu choose Appearance and then – Widgets.
4. Once You are on Widget page, drag Text (Arbitary text or HTML) widget from available widgets to one of Your widget container. For instance Primary Sidebar.
5.If You didn’t generate the widget yet, please do it now. Go to main page and generate the widget. Check the preview and click Get Code! button. Copy the generated code.
Our config is:
Hashtag – extreme
Columns – 2
Rows – 4
Use image preloader
Hover – Fade in
6. Paste the generated code into Your text widget. No need to fill the title. Press Save button, and go to Your front page to check how the widget looks like!
WordPress with responsive Instagram widget
In few simple steps You will have Instagram widget with Your photos in Your blog!
Of course You can place as many widgets as You want, there is no limit. All Instagram widgets will be responsive, so they will not break your responsive theme!
If You have any problems with embedding lightwidget into Your WordPress installation contact us, we will try to help You!